Happy Birthday to BCPB
June 15, 2015 § 14 Comments
Sunday marked the fifth anniversary of this blog.
The birthday party was pretty wild, with cake, ice cream, punch, bubbly, clowns (always lurking around here), bouncy house, slip-n-slide, and a few sets by St. Paul & the Broken Bones. The crowd didn’t finally disperse until police broke it up around 2 am.
Not really. It was an ordinary dull (hot) Sunday around my house.
So, what is the sum of these past 5 years vis a vis this blog?
- This is the 1,411th post. I wondered when I started this whether I would still have anything to say after a few months.
- There have been 2,944 comments. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I wanted from the start to generate some comments and helpful observations.
- There are now 480 followers by email. That’s a lot, as far as I am concerned, and I think there are many other readers who don’t follow via email.
- I hear from all areas of the state from lawyers, and even judges, who have used this as a resource.
The fundamental goal when I set out was to begin compiling material to which legal professionals could come to find answers to basic questions, practice tips, and ideas to improve representation of clients. I think I’ve been successful to a degree.
I’ve always saved major changes and new directions for anniversary dates, and this year will be no exception. On past anniversaries, I changed the name of the blog, changed its focus, and revamped its appearance.
I’ve also always used the anniversary as a re-commitment for another year.
So here’s what’s coming this time:
- I’m going to follow the lead of the saner bloggers who went before me and relax my regimen of a post a day, M-F, a pace that can get somewhat hairy at times with all of one’s other demands. So you might see anywhere from one to five posts in a given week, and, occasionally, none. I encourage to you to “follow” the blog via email by clicking on the window and entering your email address on the computer version; that way, you’ll get notice via email when there is something to read.
- All of the archived content will remain in place. Change in frequency of posts won’t affect that.
That’s all for now. I will continue into the foreseeable future. I hope this continues to be a useful resource.