JUDICIAL ELECTIONS 2012
May 14, 2012 § Leave a comment
Friday, May 11, was the qualifying deadline for 2012 judicial elections. Although this is not a general judicial election year, some appellate posts are up in their rotation, and there are three special elections. Here are the qualifiers:
- Chief Justice William Waller, Jr., will face Earle S. Banks for Supreme Court Justice District One, Position One.
- Justice Leslie D. King is unopposed for Supreme Court Justice District One, Position Two.
- Justice Mike Randolph will face Talmadge Braddock for Supreme Court Justice District Two, Position Three.
- Josiah Dennis Coleman and Richard (Flip) Phillips are running for Supreme Court Justice District Three, Position Three, which is the position being vacated by retiring Justice George C. Carlson, Jr.
- Judge Ermea Russell is opposed by Ceola James and Latrice Westbrooks in the special election for Court of Appeals District Two, Position Two.
- Judge Gene Fair is unopposed in the special election for Court of Appeals District Five, Position One.
- Chancellor M. Ronald Doleac is unopposed in the special election for Chancery Court Judge District Ten, Place Four.