FAREWELL TO 2011
December 29, 2011 § Leave a comment
This may be the last substantive post here for 2011. The next you read here will come in 2012.
As with every year, 2011 provided its bounty of blessings and pestilence. Each of us can take stock of his or her own legacy from the passing year.
From the standpoint of the year’s end the coming year always glows bright with prospects. We hope for and expect better things.
In 2012, here’s what I look forward to:
- Judge Eugene Fair being sworn in as the newest member of the COA. It will be a great advantage to have the perspective of a chancellor on the appellate court.
- That our judges at all levels will continue to be dedicated and sincere in their pursuit of fairness and justice.
- That our lawyers will continue in their dedication to their role in the rule of law, and that they will continue to improve and grow in professionalism and skill.
- That the economy will recover.
- That our political leaders will put aside partisanship and actually govern our nation and state for the common good.
- That our families and all we love will be healthy and free from danger and care.
- That our favorite sports teams will do well (Lord knows, mine could not do worse … except for the Saints).
And … well, that should be enough wishful thinking to get us started.
For all of you who read this blog, I ask God’s blessings on you, and I wish you the best in the coming year. God bless us one and all!