April 15, 2011 § Leave a comment
- Federal budget cuts to the Legal Services Program could impact you.
- Are you more credible if you have an alligator sewn on your shirt? You actually are, according to some recent research reported in The Economist.
- The Human Development Project’s report on Mississippi is here. Sample tidbit: Residents of Panola-Coahoma now have as high a standard of living as that enjoyed by average Americans in 1975.
- Private Manning and the Eighth Amendment.
- It’s hard not to be enchanted by Venezia. Beneath the romantic façade, though, is a city that has to find a way to function with ancient structures built on silty foundations in a lagoon subject to tidal surges. How does it work? Find out here.
- The King James Bible is 400 years old. This piece from More Intelligent Life explores what is so magical and attractive about its language.
- The curious case of the Gormanston Foxes.
- Before you watch this Hunter S. Thompson 1993 interview of Keith Richards, be sure to lock the medicine cabinet.